Honest, empathetic representation
Traci L. Koster
- Marital and Family Law
Attorney Traci L. Koster, PLLC is an experienced litigator and keen negotiator focusing her practice exclusively on marital & family law matters. Prior to narrowing her practice to marital & family law in 2016, Traci practiced general civil litigation for several years at a private Tampa law firm. Though Traci's litigation experience makes her adept in the courtroom, she understands most favorable outcomes come through negotiation and alternative dispute resolutions.
Traci is an active member of the Florida Bar and has been intricately involved with the Hillsborough County Bar Association since 2010. Traci was the President for the Hillsborough County Bar Association's Young Lawyers' Division for the 2019-2020 Bar year and currently serves in her third term on the Executive Council for the Hillsborough County Bar Association Family Law Section. Traci is a former member of the Stann Givens Family Law American Inn of Court and a former inaugural member of the William Reece Smith Jr. American Inn of court.
Outside of her legal career, Traci was also part of the Leadership Pinellas graduating class of 2015 and served on the organization's board of directors in 2015-2016. She graduated from Tampa Connection in 2018 and served a two-year term on the Tampa Connection board of directors. These organizations gave Traci a unique, behind-the-scenes understanding of the Pinellas and Hillsborough communities, so she can better represent her clients' needs.
In 2020, Traci was elected to serve in the Florida House of Representatives for District 64, covering parts of Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. Through her service in the Florida Legislature, Traci takes her passion for helping Florida's families to a statewide platform.
To give back to her community, Traci co-founded the Tampa Bay Pro Bono Partners, which brings attorneys and businesses together to provide pro bono legal services to those in need. Traci has also served as attorney ad litem for children in the foster care system through Crossroads for Florida Kids. In addition, Traci served for three years as a mentor through the Hillsborough Education Foundation's Take Stock in Children Program, and she keeps in touch with her mentee regularly now that she's graduated high school!
In 2016, Traci proudly received the Outstanding Pro Bono Service by a Young Lawyer Award from the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit. In 2019, Traci received the Florida Bar Young Lawyer's Division's Lynn Futch Most Productive Young Lawyer Award, and in 2020, Traci received the Hillsborough County Bar Association's Young Lawyer's Division's Outstanding Young Lawyer Award.
Traci attended the University of Central Florida for her undergraduate degree and was an active member of the Burnett Honors College and the PHI ALPHA DELTA Law Fraternity. Traci graduated Magna Cum Laude with her Bachelor of Science Degree in Legal Studies. After her time at UCF, Traci attended Stetson University College of Law, where she served as an Articles and Symposium Editor for the Stetson Law Review and a research assistant for Professor Louis Virelli. Traci also served two terms as a judicial intern for the Honorable U.S. District Judge Elizabeth Kovachevich - more intimately known as Judge K.
After graduating number two in her law school class, Traci Joined Bush Ross, P.A. as part of their commercial litigation department. During her six years at Bush Ross, Traci gained valuable litigation experience and handled a wide variety of commercial and corporate litigation matters, including marital and family law matters, before leaving the firm to devote her practice exclusively to marital and family law in 2016.
Traci was born in Greensboro, North Carolina, but moved to Florida as a child. She was raised in Palm Harbor, FL and now resides in Tampa with her two children, Colton and Sadie. When she's not working, Traci enjoys spending time with her kids and getting lost in a good book.
Traci is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, has been selected as a Super Lawyer Rising Star eight consecutive years in a row, and is recognized as a Florida Trends Legal Elite Up & Comer. She has also received recognition by Tampa Bay Magazine's list of Top Attorneys: Tampa Bay's Outstanding Young Lawyers since 2014 and has a Superb rating with Avvo. The Tampa Bay Business Journal recognized Traci as People to Know in Law in 2021.
- Stetson University College of Law, St. Petersburg, Florida
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Stanley Milledge Award
- Honors: William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- University of Central Florida
- B.A. - 2007
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Burnett Honors College
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Stanley Milledge Award and the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- Outstanding Pro Bono Service by a Young Lawyer Award from the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit
- Florida Bar Young Lawyer’s Division’s Lynn Futch Most Productive Young Lawyer Award
- Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Division’s Outstanding Young Lawyer Award
- Super Lawyer Rising Star
- AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Trends Legal Elite Up & Comer
- Tampa Bay Magazine’s list of Top Attorneys: Tampa Bay’s Outstanding Young Lawyers since 2014
- Superb rating with Avvo
- The Tampa Bay Business Journal recognized Traci as People to Know in Law in 2021
- Florida House of Representatives for District 64, covering parts of Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties
- Co-founded the Tampa Bay Pro Bono Partners
- Hillsborough Education Foundation’s Take Stock in Children Program
- Honorable U.S. District Judge Elizabeth Kovachevich, Judicial Intern
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar and the American Bar Association, Member
- Burnett Honors College and the Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, Member